Asperges à la Flamande
- Food Inc |
A popular family staple in every Belgian household, Asperges à la Flamande is affectionately called the white
gold of Belgium.
White asparagus 1kg
Soy sauce 12ml
Parsley (Italian-flat) 25g
Nutmeg 1 pinch
Sea salt to taste
• Peel the asparagus and steam for
• Place in cold water, then remove and
• Cook 4 eggs at 68°C for 1 hour.
Cool in water. When cool, extract
• Blend 100g of (cooked) yolk with 12ml
soy sauce. Strain and save in a
• Cook 2 eggs in boiling water for
8 minutes till hard boiled. Cool in cold
water, then peel off the shell.
• Dice the cooked egg white.
• Melt 200g butter and clarify.
• Dice the lemon after removing its
outer rind and set aside.
• Clean the parsley and cut with a
• Heat the remaining butter, then roll the
cooked asparagus in hot butter.
• Plate the egg yolk purée and
asparagus, drizzle the hot butter and
garnish with the parsley, lemon and
• Season with a pinch of nutmeg